My Favorite Taylor Swift Songs
Perhaps the silliest little article I’ve ever written.
These are in no particular order. I am listening to each song whilst writing this article to see what memories and feelings it brings up.
teardrops on my guitar
- las;kdjf this reminds me of my first-ish crush. I love this song. it makes me feel like I’m happily in middle school. did i write a parody to this song called “teardrops on my violin” dedicated to my crush in middle school? the world will never know.
forever & always
- probably listened to this song before I ever even knew what love was but it made me feel angsty and that was fun.
back to december
- hahaha I slow danced to this song with someone and it reminds me of that but also this is a warm cozy song.
- this one reminds me of senior year graduation time. it makes me feel like something big is about to happen in my life in a good way.
you belong with me
- lmao an iconic song. at one point in time my dad knew the lyrics to this song. this one was very #relatable to my high school experience
you are in love
- wOOF this one I’ve been listening to a lot recently. I listened to this for the first time on a bus to a swim meet and it reminds me of swimming and cold dark winter days.
- this one also reminds me of swimming and cold dark winter days.
new year’s day
- ugh this one is so cute and it reminds me of that jimmy fallon interview where he talks about this song and what it meant to him.
- this one just reminds me of all my crushes. anyone I have ever remotely liked. I always wanna play this song when I am feeling in a love-y mood.
- bahaha idk I always liked this one. it fit the hannah montana movie soundtrack very well.
- wow all these songs remind me of middle school
- i played this song when I turned 15. I also played this song on the first day of freshman and sophomore year of high school.
- this one is so fun and magical. it’s a good slow song.
this is me trying
- this one came out right after my dad died and it was very #relatable for different reasons.
- also came out right after my dad died and it meant a lot at the time for some reason.
- a glittery energy around this song. i love it.
i bet you think about me (taylor’s version)
- i never liked this song but i love taylor’s version of it. it’s so fun and makes me wanna get up and sing.
the way i loved you (taylor’s version)
- lowkey obssessed with this song this year. it’s a sad one but i love singing it.
all too well 10 min version (taylor’s version)
- iykyk this may be my all time fav song at this point. iconic.
ALRIGHT. This was fun. I’m excited for this new album. Long live Taylor Swift.